Exactly six months from today I will load a plane and head to South Asia. It's been over a week since I received the email confirming my trip, and this Monday I received my first email from my field supervisor. Wow, is this real? As I sit and ponder on what my summer will look like, I'm still at a loss for words that I'm actually going. I'm beyond excited about this once in a lifetime opportunity! I can't wait to see how God will move in the people of South Asia, and especially in me. This will be my very first time taking an international trip. The length of the trip will be 75 days and while it seems like a long time, I'm sure it will fly by. I'm so happy to say that my fundraising efforts are well underway. I've sold over 35 t-shirts in just a little over one week which is a complete blessing from the Lord.
My verse for the trip is Isaiah 61:1, which states:
"The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me,
for the Lord has anointed me
to bring good news to the poor.
He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted
and to proclaim that captives will be released
and prisoners will be freed."
I know that two of my most predominant spiritual gifts that the Lord has blessed me with is mercy and service. These two will be the most crucial in the type of job I'll be doing in South Asia. I'll be reaching out to beggars in a city where beggars are literally on every corner. I know that this job will be challenging and at times heart breaking, but I also know that the challenges will pale in comparison to making a difference in the
lives of these "untouchables." I know in my heart I'm called to do this and can't describe the feeling I have in knowing that this is exactly where God wants me to be this summer. I ask for your prayers as I prepare spiritually for the trip, while I'm gone, and for a safe return. If you feel lead, you can contact me about purchasing a t-shirt or make a donation to fund my trip. Thanks so much!
In Christ,
Heather
No comments :
Post a Comment