Wow! Where has the time gone? I can not believe that two months from today I'll be on my way to South Asia!!!! My emotions are starting to go crazy! I did not realize you can feel excited and scared all at the same time, but you can (Trust Me)! Things are coming together rather nicely. I've sent in all my visa paperwork, received my itinerary for my flights, talked to my cellphone company for over an hour and half (which was not fun) for them to unlock my Iphone so I can put a local SIM card in my phone and it work once I arrive on the field (YAY, for no crazy international charges, and for me not having to buy a phone while I'm over there ... I hope!), and I've connected with my teammates though Facebook (gotta love technology). My field cost has added up to be more than what I originally planed but the financial support has been flooding in, and all the honor and glory goes to God. Praise Him for providing a way for me to go!
The country I'm going to is home to 1.237 billion people, and 9.645 million of these people live within the specific city I'm serving this summer. It's going to be a BIG culture shock! I'm trying to prepare myself for that now by doing research and talking to people who have visited this region before. I know going into this that it is not going to be an easy task, but I do know that I serve a God who will be with me every step of the way holding my hand. I take comfort in Deuteronomy 31:6 which states, "So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the LORD your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you." I know that my God will NEVER put me in a situation that he hasn't already gone ahead and prepared a way for me to go, and let me just say that I've seen His hand at work all through this process.
As time draws near I ask that you PLEASE keep me and my teammates in your prayers as we travel over 8,000 miles on May 20. Pray that God will continue to work in our hearts, and the hearts of the people we will encounter. I'm expecting Him to do BIG things while we're there, because I know He can.
In Christ,
Heather

No comments :
Post a Comment