Password
Thursday, May 1, 2014
Spring 2014 Semester @ UA is in the Books!
Hello friends, I hope you all are doing well! I'm currently packing up to head back to my hometown to spend two and a half weeks there before I fly to South Asia on the 20th of May. I cannot believe how fast the time has flown! I feel like it was just yesterday that I was thinking and praying about what I would do with my last summer vacation in college, and now it's here! My mom received my passport and visa from my travel agent this week ( I had my travel agent send it to my home address instead of my college one) and needless to say, she called me a little emotional. Please say a prayer for her, she's very anxious about my trip. A little FYI, my mom and I talk to each other periodically throughout the day everyday so it's going to be a BIG change for her and I to only talk 2 or 3 times a week. Thanks in advance for the prayers, I know she'll appreciate it... and so will I! :-)
This Sunday is going to be a very special Sunday because my home church is having a special commissioning service for me. I've asked my campus minister/mentor to come up and speak and she agreed, and several of my closest friends will be there too!!! It's going to be a great day! As my departure time draws near I ask that you please keep me in your prayers.
There are several things you can pray for me about:
1.) Pray that I will have a hunger and thirst for God's word, and to spend daily quiet time with him.( I realize that I can not minister to others unless I'm properly ministering to myself.)
2.) Pray that God will glorify Himself through me this summer.
3.) Pray that God will open doors of opportunities for me to share my faith.
4.) Pray that God will not only prepare my heart, but that He will also prepare the hearts of the people I will encounter.
5.) Pray that I will have cultural sensitivity and understanding.
6.) Pray for team unity among myself and my teammates.
7.) Pray for the safety in my travel and my health on the field.
8.) Pray that I will have a flexible spirit.
9.) Pray for protection over me from loneliness and depression.
10.) Pray for peace of mind for my family here in the United States. (especially my mom)
11.) Pray that I will have boldness as I witness, and for discernment to know when to witness.
12.) Pray that God will change my heart and mold me into a better image of Christ.
This past Saturday one of my really good friends took some amazing pictures of me for my trip, and the above photo is one of them. I would just like to say thank you to everyone who has contributed to my trip, without your help and prayers this would not be happening! It means so much to know that I've got the support of so many fabulous people.
In Christ,
Heather
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)

No comments :
Post a Comment