Password

Monday, May 12, 2014

One Week Away





Okay, so this is getting real... Wow! I can not believe that it is one week away. I feel, well to be honest I don't know what I feel. I'm 100% confident that this is what I'm suppose to do with my summer and that God has got everything under control, but yet I'm really, really starting to get nervous. I mean I've been nervous for a while, but now I'm REALLY nervous. One thing that God has been showing me lately is that I've got to trust him better. I mean I trust him, but not like I should. I have faith in him, but not like I should. That's one thing I pray everyday: "Lord, let me trust you more, and strengthen my faith in you."

I've been reading in Philippians the past few days, and it's become evident to me that Paul and the early church lived a life without fear. They trusted God, and that showed in their actions. In Philippians 1:27 it says, " let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ." What a powerful statement that is! One of my favorite Christian authors/pastors stated once that, "A Christian living a life that is worthy of the gospel of Christ is fearless, regardless of the situation." I want to be fearless. I want to go into every situation and circumstance that this life brings me and know that I've got it because Jesus Christ has got me.

I have no idea what my time in South Asia looks like, only God does. He's already there and he sees the outcome of it all. I'm confident in this, that Christ is worth it all. He is worth me giving up my summer for. He is worth me getting onto an airplane and flying over the ocean for around 15 hours. He is worth me living in a country that is not my own. He IS worth it!!!  My prayer is that no matter what I go through I will be able to proclaim the famous words of Paul, "To live is Christ, and to die is gain."(Philippians 1:21) If Christ can die for me than I can do this for him, and not only do it, but be honored to do it. I did not choose Him, but He choose me and appointed me to go! (John 15:16) Praise Him that I get to be used as a tool to bring many other brothers and sisters to himself.... it seems like a daunting task, but I serve a God that Loves to make the impossible, possible. Luke 18:27 says, "What is impossible with man is possible with God." I know that He has called me, and since he has called me He will also qualify me to handle whatever comes my way. I'm going to hold onto that promise, and strive to be fearless. 

So All may know Him,


Heather

No comments :

Post a Comment