Password

Friday, June 6, 2014

Fighting Sickness and Sharing through Soularium


Greetings from South Asia! First off I want to thank everyone who has been lifting me up in pr@yer these past few days. I must say, this week hit me hard. I apparently came in contact with some contaminated water and have been sick since last Friday. My field nurse came Wednesday and gave me some medication, and today is the first day that I've actually felt somewhat like myself. I'm still not 100% recovered, but I'm getting there! 

Although I've been fighting sickness I have seen the Spirit's hand at work this week. Sunday I went to a worship service at "P's" house and let me just say it is amazing to hear people worship JC in a language you don't understand.  "P's" house is a place where street children, beggars, and people living in slums can come and take a shower, get a hot meal, and hear the word. Tuesday I wasn't feeling so great but I still went out and a sweet young lady who I had been seeing at "P's" house pr@yed to JC that I would feel better. Although I did not understand a word she said because it wasn't English, I was completely moved to the fact that she pr@yed for me. 

Today me and my team went to a mall and walked around looking for opportunities to share His story. Me and my partner decided to sit at a table at the food court and do Soularium cards. Soularium was created by campus crusade and is designed to create a dialogue with people about their life and spiritual journey, and campus crusade created cards specifically for South Asia. I love Soularium cards!!!!! I've used them multiple times at UA, so I think it's awesome that the Lord is allowing me to use them here in South Asia as well. We were able to talk to 6 girls and share His story with them, which is awesome!!! Please pr@y for these girls that JC will work in their hearts and open their eyes to the truth. One girl asked, "Why did you come here?", and I told her that I'm a follower of Je_us and he told me to come. She then said, "We are very lucky to have you." Needless to say that made my day!!!

Please continue to lift me up in your pr@yers, not only for my physical heath, but also for my spiritual heath as well. I'll be honest this past week I've wanted to come home at least 100 times, just because I didn't feel well and I wanted to be in my bed, with air conditioning, and my sweet momma taking care of me, but when that girl told me today that this country is lucky to have me, that still small voice reminded me of the reason I came, and what I'm here to do. JC never said it would be easy, (and trust me, it isn't) but He did say it will be worth it, (and it totally is).

"The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." 
- Deuteronomy 31:8

Hugs from my heart to yours,

Heather

No comments :

Post a Comment