Password

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

1 Month Already, WHAT?!


Wow! Has been a month already? This past week I saw God move in new ways. Saturday, my partner Megan and I was at the mall again doing Soularium. Megan approached a group of girls and asked them to take the survey we had (that's what we call Soularium) and one came over and answered the questions through pictures. She wasn't really interested, so she returned to her group of friends. By now Megan and I were about to leave and then one of her friends comes over and says, "You are a follower of Jesus?" We respond, "Yes." and she says, "I want to know about Jesus." at this point Megan and I both look at each other like, "okay this is totally a God thing!". We shared with her the full story of the go_pel and she had tons of questions. We talked for a while and I even got to pr@y for her in the name of JC! We exchanged phone numbers and we're going to try and meet up with her again! Man, I love moments like that! Just when you least expect it God shows up and shows out.

I'm constantly having to depend of Him here. I'm learning how to walk by the spirit more and more. Asking Him to show me who to speak to, knowing when to bring up the go_pel , and letting Him use me the way He want's me to be used. I've only got 24 more days in this city and only 28 more days in this country. I want to make the most of it! Please continue to lift me up in your pr@yers. Pr@y that I will continue to depend upon God, and abide in Him. Pr@y for the people here as well. Like I've said so many times before this country is very dark, but there's no darkness that's too dark for Jesus.

( Funny story) After we left the mall, we got an auto to take us home,which is always a nightmare because they see white people and think "Oh yeah, I can overcharge them!".  We finally got one and he seems relatively nice, then we stopped on the side of the road because he had to go to the bathroom (yes, on the side of the road). He got out said he'd be right back and about three minutes  later he comes back and offers Megan and I both a piece of candy....We both took it, don't ask me why but we did and it was pretty good for the most part.

(Fun fact) You've not truly experienced South Asia until you walk beside a concrete wall that is used as a "pee wall" and gag at least 35 times.

I've got many more stories I could share but that would take too long, you'll just have to ask me when I get back in the States! :)

Living for Him,
Heather

No comments :

Post a Comment